Saturday, June 7, 2008

Stormy Cape Chenin Blanc, 2007


Well the rain did come down but lucky for me it only lasted an hour or so and then it brightened up, which coincidentally is what I thought about this wine.
Stormy Cape is a South African white, on the bottle it is described as a full flavoured crisp Chenin that would go well with white fish or chicken salad. Just as well as I had mine with fish fingers and chips, yum.
As I was saying my initial thoughts to this wine was that I didn't like it and I was disappointed, because the strong acidic taste along with the crispness of the wine reminded me of my misspent youth drinking cheap cider in the park. However like the weather the wine started to brighten up and the freshness of the wine was pleasing which made it moreish. I think I need more time and effort tasting white as I just cant get that cheap white wine taste out of my head.
This Chenin Blanc is a simply pleasing white that goes down well enough for this time of year helped by a very fresh flavour, however im unsure if I would buy this again as it just does not stand out from any cheap white that you get in the boozer.

No comments: