Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chateau Lagrezette 2001



I love finding treasure, as anyone would but this was in the form of a little wine shop i found while i was visiting the sticks at the weekend.
The wine shop i had always been aware of but without sign or common name for many years it past me by as i thought it mainly dealt in malt whiskey. Well at the weekend i went in for the first time and was amazed that i had not been in before, for a small shop it had quite a range of wine and Malt Whiskey, which when my taste buds mature i think i shall get into tasting.
I stood for a while looking at all the different varieties they had until i finally bought a bottle, after loving my recent finds of Malbec i bought a bottle of Chateau Lagrezette 2001. This was a bit more than i would usually pay but after a long chat with the wine guy he said it would keep for a good 25 years. Now i have no intention of waiting 25 years but i thought it would be a nice wine to keep a while and taste later. We will see.
I like surprises.

No comments: