Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Birthday Drink


This weekend saw my 28th birthday; goddamn it’s getting to close to 30. So I had family a friend up for a night on the tiles and Sunday lunch. I’m not a big birthday fan but as my birthday is close to my little sister’s I let her have the spot light while I wallow in self pity. You can always guarantee that once a year your family always tries to buy a birthday gift and has difficulty, for me its simple really a bottle of wine of something very expensive. Last year I got wine and true to form my mother had another go at buying me another bottle of red. With her knowledge of me loving the Napa Valley and having visited there last year, when she saw this little gem on the self of the local bargain booze she thought she was on to a winner. Hmmm im sure there will be merlot in there somewhere but have my reservations about its appellation, she did however buy a lovely single malt for when the cold sets in. On another plus side I did get some vouchers for a favourite little wine shop in my home town, I think a visit to Leek in a couple weeks is in order.

4 comments:

Thud said...

Drink it and blog it!

Vinogirl said...

Well, a very Happy Birthday to you Monkey (no one told me, sorry.) I'll put something special aside for you in Napa ;)

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

Happy birthday!!!@

I loved being 30, it was the best year of my life. So enjoy being 28 but remember - the best is definitely yet to come!!!

Tim Leatherbarrow said...

Worry not ,Monkey have a drink and think how it could be a lot worse .As i approach 50 i know what i'm talkin' about.
Tim