Monday, March 10, 2008

Pepperwood Grove


ok its been a very slow start to my little task however i have tasted a couple of Zins but unfortunately they have been truly vile. therefore i have stopped looking for these in the local superstore as these bring very bad results and have broaden my suppliers.
this lead me to Pepperwood Grove and what a great find. i left this one untill tonight to open as i bought it earlier in the week. i got it to a good temperature and let it breath for about 20 mins and the result was well worth the wait. it holds a very subtle bouquet of berries as you would expect and with a very deep colour it is very different from the cheap crap i had tried earlier in the week.
the after taste is very pleasent and it reminds me of bonfire night, standing outside by the fire and eating bbq hotdogs. i really do think this is great find and a great wine, very easy drinking and strength wise hold for a nice mid week drink not to heavy.
this i would recommend and as a good start to my task i will really keep this one in mind for my trip to Napa.
bring on the Zin.

No comments: